Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More Additions To My Network TV

This from Broadcasting & Cable:

My Network TV Signs With Five Affils
By Allison Romano -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/7/2006 6:37:00 PM
Fox’s new My Network TV inked deals with five affiliates Tuesday, bringing its distribution to 40% of the country. Raycom Media is committing three of its stations – WUAB Cleveland, KFVE Honolulu and WBXH Baton Rouge, La. – to the new mini-network, which is launching Sept. 5.
“I love the concept of My Network TV’s business and programming model, and am betting on the unparalleled track record behind the My Network TV leadership and News Corp.,” Raycom CEO Paul McTear said in a statement.
Also signing on are Mirage Media’s KPSE Palm Springs, Calif., and Capitol Broadcasting’s WB affiliate WWWB Charlotte, N.C. Capitol owns both the UPN and The WB in Charlotte, and committed the UPN affiliate last week to The CW network.
The deals come the same day that the CW also signed five more stations to bring its clearance to about 55% of the country. Both networks say they will reach more than 90% of U.S. TV homes by launch.

No comments: